What we stand for
Here is a list of some of the funded projects the foundation has already implemented in collaboration with the Greenville Childcare Advisory Group.
- Provided financial assistance to purchase Hole in the Woods Childcare and create the new nonprofit Little Schoolhouse Childcare.
- Assisted Hole in the Woods Childcare expand from 8 children to having a license for 27 children
- Assisted Hole in the Woods Childcare improve security and safety
- Assisted Hole in the Woods Childcare with staff training
- Provided financial support to Polly Sherman for lead testing on her center, fuel oil for 2 months, and new toys
- Provided financial support to Meredith Curtis center for developmental toys and outdoor play equipment
We have currently partnered with the Town of Greenville and Greenville Public Schools to build a new facility on school grounds that will house a new childcare center with space for 70 children and 2 age appropriate playgrounds. This project will also include a new recreation center for the town, featuring an education classroom, kitchen with concession stand as well as an onsite gym and 2 new preschool classrooms with a playground.
We are thrilled to announce that our Federal Appropriations Funding Request was accepted. Through the support of Senator Susan Collins, the Foundation was awarded $1,561,000 for the project. This money will be given to the Town of Greenville, who will over see the building construction. Additionally we will be applying for a state grant opportunity being awarded for new child care center construction in Maine. The remaining funding will be sought through community fundraising events.
Please see our EVENTS tab for more information.
About “Moosehead Kids”
Moosehead Caring for Kids Foundation is a 501(c)(3) entity organized exclusively for charitable and educational purposes. Reach out to us for more information on how to support our efforts.